Thursday, September 10, 2009

Farm Fresh Milk


Is there anything better than a cold glass of milk and a warm chocolate chip cookie? How can anyone improve such a simple childhood treat that never goes out of style? Here's a thought farm fresh milk straight from the cow. I have been using raw milk for a little over a year now (I'm totally hooked). I love the taste, and the fresh mozzarella I make has never tasted better since using this milk. You may be asking what is raw milk. Raw milk is fresh milk straight from the cow in it's natural state. That mean the milk has not been pasteurized. Unfortunately it is illegal to buy or sell raw milk in many states so if you have any questions or concerns about the dangers of consuming raw milk check out this website for more details http://www.realmilk.com/

1 comment:

  1. CHARISSA ~ I remember raw milk, from my Granddaddy Dean's cows. He had a few, & sold the milk, when I was a little girl in St. Bernard, LA. He did have the first pasteurizer in that part of Louisiana, looked like a giant pressure cooker, much bigger than I, in the milk house, in the early 50s ~ guess that was required to sell the milk. My grandparents also had chickens. All their eggs, milk, chicken, & beef came from their own animals. I was vegetarian, & a little animal activist way back then ~ had many an argument with Granddaddy! I did learn a lot from him, though.

    ReplyDelete